BBC has many opportunities for adults to grow in Christ and to serve others in Christ’s name. From Sunday morning fellowship to men & women’s groups, small groups for couples and individuals, and retreats & special events
Adult Bible Fellowship
BBC provides the opportunity to grow in God’s Word and get to know other BBC friends. Each quarter at 9:15 am on Sundays (8:45 during summer months), we offer different class options from which you can choose for learning and fellowship. No classes on December 30.
Current class offerings:
- “Luke – New Hope, New Joy” — We are currently studying the life of Christ using Luke’s gospel as our framework and guide. We are examining a gentile’s view of the history and ministry of Jesus with the goal of using what we learn to serve him better as disciples and ambassadors. This month we examine Christ’s first year of ministry and learn how quickly admiration turns to opposition as Jesus shares a message the people don’t want to hear. Taught by Steve Wilcox [Fireside Room #204] Study guides available from Steve for $6.75 each.
- Parenting Class — drop your child/children off for Sunday School, grab some coffee, and join the group meeting in the library at the back of the main foyer (led by Caroline Olsen & Sue Persons in Library Room off the foyer)
- “Deuteronomy, This is Life: Loving God and Obeying Him” (through December 2, led by Elizabeth Roemer in Room #106)
- Psalms 1 & 2 (December 9 & 16, led by Nate Bucher in Room #106)
- Christmas Hymns & the Stories Behind Them (December 23, led by Elizabeth Roemer in Room #106)
- Women’s Class – “Names of God” (led by Wendy Johnson in Room #139)
- Men’s Class – Gospel of John (led by Malcolm Olson in Room #105)
- “Coffee Connection” – linking current events to appropriate scripture using The Wired Word (facilitated by Greg/Terri Mason in Room, #110)
Join other BBC men eager to grow in their walk with the Lord, and encourage each other along the way. The men of BBC have occasional activities (often including sons), and are always looking for other men to join them.
Upcoming Men's Events
Becoming Men of God Breakfast
8:00 am, 2nd Saturday, Sept. 8-May 12
Stay tuned for a new Bible Study starting early next year.
CHICS: Committed Hearts In Christ’s Service
The “CHICS” of BBC hope to develop the heart and mind of women in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Through studying God’s Word and congregating with other Christian women in a Godly atmosphere, we learn to know Christ and make Him known and thus help fulfill the Great Commission of spreading the gospel of God’s love to all. There is an opportunity for every woman to get involved in BBC’s Women’s Ministry!
- Bible Studies: Stay tuned for a new Bible Study starting in 2019.
- Christmas treat giveaway — stop by the CHICS table on December 16 after the worship service, meet our ministry team and receive a small gift from us to you!
Adults 55+ Group
Becker Adult Fellowship (BAF) is a group of individuals age 55+ who love the Lord and enjoy being together. This group typically meets monthly, usually on the third Friday, for various activities and events. Over 100 adults are involved.
Adults 40+ Group
Includes single adults, couples and mostly empty nesters that want to honor God while having fun together and being active. Group activities include dinners, holiday parties, service projects, outdoor recreation (camping, hiking, lawn games, bonfires), game nights, theatre, concerts and more. Check out the calendar to see upcoming events.
Questions—contact Ann Olson (612.889.2206) or Rebecca Ewing (612.812.9259).