BBC has many opportunities for adults to grow in Christ and to serve others in Christ’s name. From Sunday morning fellowship to men & women’s groups, small groups for couples and individuals, and retreats & special events
ADULT BIBLE FELLOWSHIP CLASSES
BBC provides the opportunity to grow in God’s Word and get to know other BBC friends. Each quarter at 9:15 am on Sundays (8:45 during summer months), we offer different class options from which you can choose for learning and fellowship.
Current class offerings:
- “Luke – New Hope, New Joy” — We are studying the life of Christ using Luke’s gospel as our guide. This month Jesus continues to attack the Jewish religious establishment. The leaven of the Pharisees is producing an ungodly loaf. Jewish religious leaders publicly criticize his ministry and credentials; privately they plot to eradicate his opposition permanently. Taught by Steve Wilcox [Fireside Room #204] Study guides available from Steve for $6.75.
- Women’s Class – “Names of God” (led by Wendy Johnson in Room #139)
- Men’s Class – Gospel of John (led by Malcolm Olson in Room #105)
- “Coffee Connection” – linking current events to appropriate scripture using The Wired Word (facilitated by Greg/Terri Mason in Room, #110)
- Koinonia Class will be studying the Book of Daniel, led by Greg Smith in Room #106.
- Builders Class — Drop your child/children off for Sunday School and join the group meeting in the library at the back of the main foyer. We are currently viewing and discussing an Andy Stanley series called “Guardrails.” Led by Caroline Olsen and Sue Persons.
Join other BBC men eager to grow in their walk with the Lord, and encourage each other along the way. The men of BBC have occasional activities (often including sons), and are always looking for other men to join them.
Breakfast & Bible Study
Join us for our monthly men’s breakfast and enjoy hearty food, fellowship and time together in God’s Word as it pertains to men’s lives in many different areas on Saturday, March 9 at 8am in the Fellowship Hall. (Meets the 2nd Saturday of each month).
A new Men’s Bible Study on 1 John will be held Thursdays for 5 weeks starting March 14. Plan to join us at 6am at the Coach House in Becker led by Nate Bucher or 6:30pm at church led by Steve Kollman . No book is required other than your Bible. Please sign up at the Welcome Center just so we know you’ll be attending.
“Arise with the Guys” (AWTG) is an annual men’s-only event where professional and collegiate Christian athletes share their inspirational messages of faith, godly values, and legacy-building. Come with us to AWTG 2019 on Saturday, April 13, (9am-10:30am) at Grace Church in Eden Prairie. We have 15 tickets available for the main floor at $20 each, available for purchase at the Welcome Center but you must pay in advance to secure your ticket—first-come, first-serve.
“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.” ~Colossians 1:9-12
Tuesdays at 9am Feb. 5-Apr. 9. Led by Alice North. Lunch at Cafe Pawz will follow the study on the the first Tuesday of each month. Study guides available at the Welcome Center ($9).
Meeting Mondays, February 11-April 22 at 6:30pm. Led by Shannon Holm. Study guides available ($15). Note: we will not meet on March 4 for spring break.
Adults 55+ Group
Becker Adult Fellowship (BAF) is a group of individuals age 55+ who love the Lord and enjoy being together. This group typically meets monthly, usually on the third Friday, for various activities and events. Over 100 adults are involved.
Plan to join us for ONE NIGHT IN TUSCANY on Feburary 16 from 5:30-8 PM. This annual Valentines Dinner fundraiser helps send our youth on summer missions. Cost is $20 per person. Ticket includes a fine dinning experience with valet parking, music, childcare and door prizes. Tickets available by calling 763.261.4202 or stopping by the Becker Baptist Church office.
Visit our Events Calendar for more information on upcoming events.
Adults 40+ Group
Includes single adults, couples and mostly empty nesters that want to honor God while having fun together and being active. Group activities include dinners, holiday parties, service projects, outdoor recreation (camping, hiking, lawn games, bonfires), game nights, theatre, concerts and more. Check out the calendar to see upcoming events.