Sermon Series: Silence Broken by Light
Though darkness continues to exist in our land, through this pandemic, through painful consequences of sin, through the loss of loved ones…The true light has once and for all defeated darkness and has given us the best gift ever secured, salvation and inclusion into His family. So that we might be “…children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.” (1 Thess. 5:5)
Watch the Sermon Series
Part 1. December 6
Pastor Nate kicked off a new sermon series for Advent from Isaiah 42:1-9 on Sunday, December 6. Key takeaways included:
- Take comfort in the love of God that foresaw our needs and met them.
- Trust in the Servant that overcomes the darkness in our world.
Part 2. December 13
Pastor Nate’s message from Luke 1:67-79, “A Silence-Breaking Song” on Sunday, December 13 included these key takeaways:
- We must know and understand God’s promises and our greatest enemy.
- We must find ways to bring peace in our dark world.
Part 3. December 20
Pastor Nate’s message from John 1:1-4, “God’s Word Defeats the Dark Silence” on Sunday, December 20 included these key takeaways:
- We trust and look ahead through this darkness to the Light of the world.
- We live as children of God – of light rather than darkness.
- We join with the angels as we sing Glory to God in the Highest – the Light has Come!
Part 4. December 27
Pastor Kevin brought a message on Sunday, December 27 from our sermon series, “Silence Broken by Light”, based on Luke 2:22-38. Key takeaways included:
- God’s promises are affirmative and final.
- God’s promises are fulfilled in Jesus.