FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
OUR WHOLE TEAM HERE AT BBC KIDS ARE DEDICATED TO YOUR FAMILY’S SAFETY! AND WE WANT YOU TO FEEL SAFE WHILE YOU’RE VISITING OUR CHURCH WITH YOUR KIDS!
SO HERE’S THE BREAKDOWN/FAQ OF THE QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE REGARDING OUR SAFETY PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES FOR YOUR FAMILY WHEN YOU COME TO CHURCH IN PERSON:
Save some time! CLICK HERE to pre-register your kids. (Not to worry – you can also register the day you arrive)..
GENERAL GUIDELINES AND INFO
- We’re asking all families to please self-screen by taking temperatures and observe members for any sort of symptoms of illness.
- We want to keep everyone healthy, so please try again next week if your child has had a fever or has vomited in the last 24 hours. If they do have a runny nose, please check to confirm that the nasal discharge is clear. Our Kid Min volunteer team is also required to abide by these standards when they are receiving your kids into the classroom.
- We’re asking all kids ages 6 and up to wear face masks/face shields per the state of Minnesota’s guidelines. Because these guidelines are ongoing and being updated as necessary, we’ll update policies as soon as we are able.
- Because we are working to eliminate as much cross-contamination as possible, please leave toys and snacks in the car.
- Please drop off your kids at the outside classroom doors before service/Awana and pick up from the same door where you dropped them off when service/Awana is over.
- For now, again to avoid cross-contamination and limit touch points, we won’t be allowing parents in the classroom and only Kid Min volunteers will be with your kids.
- Classroom sizes will be limited to 10-12 kids and we will update classroom spaces at check in to let you know if a class is open or full.
- We will open more classrooms/programs as staffing becomes available.
- If your kids will be staying with you during service, we will happily provide you a Swag Bag at our check in counter. Just ask our friendly check in team.
- Every classroom will be staffed by screened and background checked Kid Min volunteers. Just look for the folks wearing name tags/ministry shirts, if you have a question. We love meeting new people, so feel free to introduce yourself!
*NOTE: Every first Sunday of the month is Family First Sunday! There are no programs for kids. Instead, we desire families to have the opportunity to worship together and participate in the church service together as a family, as well as, partake in communion.
HOW DO I CHECK MY KIDS INTO A CLASSROOM?
- We’ll be happy to check your kids in at the beginning of each service and Awana Club. (*NOTE: Our nursery crawler and walker rooms are currently closed.)
- We’ll be checking in your kids just inside the main entrance. Once inside, keep an eye out for our blue BBC Kids check-in sign and our smiling check-in team! The stations are to the right upon entering.
- We are providing a touchless check-in and our team will be happy to assist you. Your kids will get a name label and you will be provided an alphanumeric tag that matches a code on your child’s tag that you MUST have to check your kids out of the children’s ministry area.
- Parents will bring your kids to their classroom doors. Each classroom is labeled and easy to find. However, a member of our Kid Min team would be happy to show you. Once again, look for our smiling team. They’ll greet your kids and get them involved in a classroom activity with their friends.
- If our staff needs to contact you, we will text you to come to the classroom, so please keep your phone handy but on vibrate. 😊
- Enjoy service! We’ll see you soon!
HOW DO I PICK UP MY KIDS?
- After the service/Awana Club, please bring your tag to the classrooms to pick up your child.
- When the child is picked up, the classroom volunteer will verify that the stickers match and will dismiss the child. No child should leave the building without following this procedure.
- If a parent loses their sticker, please provide a driver’s license or other photo ID.
- If you are carpooling with another adult, we suggest taking a photo of the Parent Tag and sending it to the parent who is picking up the child.
WHAT WILL MY CHILD BE TAUGHT?
CHILDREN’S CHURCH: We use a scope and sequence that will take kids through every major Bible story in three years. At the end of three years, we start over! We spend an equal amount of time in the Old and New Testaments. For a detailed look at our three-year plan, please contact our BBC Kids Director, Amy Drehmel.
Our program is split into two groups (PreK-1st grade and 2nd-5th grades). Both groups are on the same track which means they learn the same BIG IDEA and the same lesson each week. It’s just delivered at age-appropriate levels. Each year, we use each quarter to work on one of four spiritual disciplines: spending time with God, spending time with others, using your gifts and sharing your story.
AWANA: Awana (www.awana.org) is a non-denominational children’s ministry committed to reaching boys and girls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ while training them to serve Him. Our Awana Club is a place where children come together and play games, memorize Bible verses and learn Bible lessons from their club handbooks throughout the school year. Students earn awards throughout the year for their progress.
WHAT ARE YOUR CLEANING PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES?
- Our surfaces are disinfected and cleaned weekly by our janitorial service.
- Our spaces are fogged using DOH and EPA recommended cleaner and safe chemical (mostly water with a small amount of hydrogen peroxide), as needed and per the CDC requirements.
- New information is being provided often by various local health authorities and we will continue to monitor the situation and adjust practices accordingly, so please visit our page frequently to stay in the loop!